We are pleased to announce the Military and Veteran Services Professional Development Fund is now available!
The purpose of the Military and Veteran Services Professional Development Fund is to support and promote continuing education and professional development. The program’s aim is to provide funding for our military affiliated students to participate in programs and activities which will be of benefit to the student’s professional career and the University.
Applicants and recipients must meet and maintain the following criteria:
- Has been a NC State student for a minimum of 1 semester prior to applying,
- May not be under any disciplinary probation through the university,
- Possess a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA,
- Currently enrolled in six academic credit hours or more and advancing towards a degree,
- Identifies as a veteran, active duty military, member of the National Guard or Reserve Components, spouse or dependent of military and veterans, and
- Has not received this award previously.
All applicants must submit the following materials electronically:
- Student Professional Development Fund Application
- Website URL, copy of the brochure, registration form, or other documents providing information about the event/activity
- Current unofficial transcript
- Document to verify military affiliation
- Letter of request (details listed on application)
The following is a generic list of funding regulations:
- Local, state, regional, or national seminars, workshops, conferences, trainings and certifications directly related to student’s professional career and aspirations are appropriate activities for this award
- For credit courses, such as Study Abroad are not activities available for funding
- Requests for individual student funding may be partially or not funded. Students applying for the same conference or certification will receive funding based on the quality of their application materials; students may receive different amounts. Recommended exceptions to these guidelines will be made by the Military Affairs Committee on an individual basis.
- Funding will adhere strictly to NC State University rules and regulations and may only be used for specific dates, activities, and purposes listed on the application. Any changes must receive written approval from the Committee Chairman. In some cases, the recipient may be reimbursed after the event.
- The conference, workshop, etc. must be attended within the current fiscal year. Applicants should highly consider applying prior to the event’s early bird deadline.
- For enrolled, degree-seeking NC State students, these payments must be considered a resource for federal financial aid purposes and included in the total financial aid support the student receives.
The recipient must follow up and complete a reflection no later than three weeks after the event/conference, unless otherwise requested by the committee. The recipient will determine the most appropriate medium to present the benefits of attending the event/conference. Examples of appropriate mediums include a presentation to professional staff and/or peers, a written paper, video submission of what was gained through attendance, a progress plan for continuing professional development, etc.
All applications will be reviewed by the Military Affairs Committee. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com